Società Anonnima Maglificio Angerese
Site n. 6 Angera Open Air Museum
19th- 20th century
The building that overlooks the first square on Via Greppi was headquarters of the Società Anonima Maglificio Angerese, founded in 1894 by Teresina Piona and Amalia Forni, which gave employment to hundreds of workers, mostly women, and was an important important economic resource for the town's inhabitants.
The original factory site was a small workshop in Piazza Garibaldi; its economic success in the late 19th century led it to move to this larger building, where it continued until the early 1950s. The factory has been rebuilt for commercial and residential use; the exterior is in Art Deco style.