Site n. 12 - Angera Open Air Museum
After the junction with Via Merzagora, the old Via di Mezzo takes the name of Via Carlo Ondoli in memory of Angera's first hospital, established in a house donated by Carlo Ondoli in 1879.
The entrance for motor vehicles to Villa Greppi is on this road. The building dates to the late 19th century and was the residence of Antonio Greppi, politician, writer, and mayor of Milan from 1945 until 1951. One of his sons, the young partisan Mario, was a victim of the Nazis in 1944 and today the Strada di Mezzo is named after him.
In 1925 excavations near the villa brought to light a circular Roman building, perhaps a lighthouse marking the lake port, or a religious building.