Site n. 20 - Angera Open Air Museum
Palazzo Borromeo is a Neoclassical building of sober and elegant lines; the central portion bears a triangular pediment and on the first floor there is a long balcony held up by lions' heads. On the façade is a plaque placed there in 1882 by the local Workers' Association in memory of Garibaldi's sojourn in the house from the 15th to 17th June 1862.
Inside there is a stylish courtyard in which Angera Stone is dominant.
The dock associated with the villa was demolished during renovation of the lake-front.